Saturday, March 17, 2012

the promise of the morning


Morning comes around again - and with it Promise
This has been such a tough week. But, every morning without fail, the dawn still breaks and the sun slips over the horizon with the promise of new beginnings. Light and life with unremitting certainty and precision timing. There is a faithfulness to the natural rhythm of creation that is most reassuring.

There is reassurance, also, in the ancient and timeless practice of faith. And I say "practice" because the message I have tried to promote through this ongoing REACHING TOWARD EASTER initiative is the value of a deliberate observance of Lent.

So that's it for today. Grab your copy of the book, and REACH with both intention and direction. You will not be disappointed. I'm not.

Peace and Love - DEREK

Reaching Toward Easter
You, LORD, are my shepherd.
I will never be in need.
You let me rest in fields
of green grass.
You lead me to streams
of peaceful water,
and you refresh my life.
You are true to your name,
and you lead me
along the right paths.
I may walk through valleys
as dark as death,
but I won't be afraid.
You are with me,
and your shepherd's rod makes me feel safe.
You treat me to a feast,
while my enemies watch.
You honor me as your guest,
and you fill my cup
until it overflows.
Your kindness and love
will always be with me
each day of my life,
and I will live forever
in your house, LORD. - Psalm 23

No comments: