Monday, May 18, 2009

"Tut-tut - looks like rain"

One of the great benefits to working for myself is sleeping in when it's an overcast "tut-tut, looks like rain" kind of a Monday morning. Consequently I didn't emerge from under the covers until 7:30 - much to Scout's consternation. "Woof; what do you mean we're not hitting the sidewalks at 6:00?"

Slow starts, however, do not diminish the work load once it all begins. That's why I'm beginning in a devotional context - I always do. Aligning my day up with the impulse of the Author of Creativity is the only sane way for me to approach any consequential task.

After reading today's Upper Room Daily Devotion I stepped outside for a moment, filled my lungs with, fresh air, and received the full impact of creation at it's most compelling. Fortunately, I knew exactly where my telephoto lens was hiding (I tend to lose such things routinely!) and was able to shoot the series of photos I've included in this post.

I'm not a well informed bird-spotter, but I know a beautiful woodpecker when I see one. So - and with a severe thunderstorm threatening to kill my power - I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Love and blessings - always - Derek

May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works . . . I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

-Psalm 104:31, 33 (NIV)

No comments: