Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Living in this moment...

On the road today, heading to North Carolina and then Virginia, where I'll be leading a retreat for some men from the Disciples of Christ Church. So my blog entry this morning is simple and short.

I was struck, yesterday, by the amazing volume of traffic on I75. People, going somewhere. A lot of them seemed to be in an extreme hurry, impatient and out of sorts with pretty much everyone else on the road.

I'm learning, more and more, that the journey itself is every bit as important as the destination; maybe more so. There is no "somewhere else", just where we are in the moment. I want every moment to reflect something of the peace and the meaning that infuses my life.

Consequently, the rubberized eggs I ate this morning, the bad - weak - insipid hotel coffee, and the aching back I have as a result of a poor night's rest... these are all experiences ripe for redemption.

We'll have to see how that goes. This is, after all, not just a blog but reality!
- DEREK

No comments: