LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory in the heavens... When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? ... You have made us a little lower than the angels and crowned us with glory and honor. You made us rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under our feet... (Psalm 8 - selected verses)
- Appear on the Colson Elementary School "Good Morning Show.
- Drive to West Tampa and give presentation to the Church & Synagogue Library Association.
- Meet with upcoming moderator to discuss possible Presbytery-wide adoption of "Reaching Toward Easter".
- Drive to Sun City to meet with Charles about Adult Ed teaching schedule
- Meet Brandon Friends for dinner.
In-between times? Make it home as often as possible to play with extremely bored dog.
My background soundtrack will be Psalm 8, and the amazing perspective the words offer. The same Creator who is responsible for the unfathomable wonders I see when I gaze into the night sky... also created me, and gave me the opportunity to live a life that makes a difference.
Each one of us has been "crowned with glory and honor!" How do you like that? And, more importantly, when I've had enough of admiring my cosmic significance, what am I going to do about it?
- Today I plan on letting a little light from the glory seep out from my soul and color the few minutes I have with several hundred elementary-school children.
- And then I'm praying that my presentation to a room full of church educators will communicate some of the "work of God's fingers" from when God was crowning all of us with that glory and honor stuff.
- And I'm also asking God to guide my words, so that the idea of sharing my work with more than 70 local Presbyterian congregations might take shape in a way that changes lives...
No accident: In other words, I don't believe it was an accident that my Wednesday evening group talked about the beauty and purpose wrapped up in our individual creation, as witnesses to God's work and glory.
It was God, giving me some inspiration, and then a little shove into the opportunity of another new day - DEREK