Then I'm just not really feeling any "buzz" on or about my new book. So far there's no real indication of any interest, and it doesn't seem to be moving at all - either at Amazon or at my publisher's on-line store. The interactive blog attached to the book at http://part-time-christian.blogspot.com/ isn't generating any traffic at all.
So I'm not sure what to make of all this. I'm still excited about my writing, and I honestly believe that what I'm saying is exactly the correct message for this time...
- But what good is a spot-on message if no-one is listening?
- What if the hundreds of thousands of Christians out there who I feel compelled to reach simply aren't interested?
- What if church people really don't want anything beyond a part-time faith?
- What if the words I have so carefully chosen simply fail to resonate?
- What it America is Okay with misinformation about God, and content to remain mediocre when it comes to following Jesus - just like we're content to be mediocre about so much else?
If you're reading this, I'd appreciate prayer on behalf of the work I'm involved in.
"Live as if we mean it - because God most certainly does..." It's a phrase I use more than once in my new book. Right now I'd appreciate some affirmation and some confirmation regarding my own words.
Love and blessings - DEREK