Thursday, February 11, 2010

Light in the Morning

- Photo from the beach with Rebekah - but it suggests the idea....

When I got up this morning it was dark, cold, and clear. So I bundled up and headed out - with Scout - for our walk. Up in the sky and to the East, gently scalloped layers of cirrus clouds were forming, stretching out in a fan-like shape from the hint of promise of the rising sun.

Meanwhile the surface of Earth, rotating on its axis, was spinning at around one-thousand miles per hour toward the coming light so that, as I rounded the corner of one street and headed directly into the morning, I witnessed an emergent splash of red highlight the underside of the clouds against the sudden blue of the open sky. I had to stop for a moment and drink it all in.

The next twenty minutes were a riot of color, the ambient light loaded with promise - it was as if we were walking inside and around the edges of a rainbow.

Just before we arrived home again the following scripture came to mind, from Psalm 119: "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path..." This morning, my path was a light to God's word.

May your experience of today hold such truth - DEREK

No comments: