Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Delight is in the law of the Lord... but my head is about to explode!

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. - Psalm 1

There is so much going through my head this morning... Once in a while I like to take inventory of what's on my mind, because some kind of accounting typically helps get me moving or at least forces me to come up with a plan.

Feel free to either listen in... or just skip my blog for the day.
  • Number One: I'm concerned about my cousin Linda and her family; I can't shake it from the front of my heart and soul and I don't want to. I'll be emailing her husband, Dave, right after I post this entry. Those of you who pray, please do (and ramp it up, why don't you!); those of you who don't, consider starting. Here's a link to my post about Linda before Christmas if you want the details - (click here, then scroll down to the red sports car to start reading)
  • Next off I have four or five short articles to write for AllProDad.com. This is the "support for fathers" organization coach Tony Dungy has devoted so much of his efforts to. My task - this week - is to provide a lot of content for the big media blitz they have scheduled next month. Important work, to say the least.
  • Along those lines - and this is funny because I'm typically far, far away from the "football metaphor" world as regards faith - I need to set aside two full hours to prep for tonight's small group meeting. I'm working through Tony Dungy's "Quiet Strength" with 14 guys... and I need to do this right.
  • I'm also working on a new article for the Methodist News Service, featuring a church full with retirees that is moving into "Gen-X" environmental consciousness with a lot of conviction and inspirational vision for the future. The solar cells they're installing - for example - will save money immediately, but won't return the initial investment until many of the people involved have left this world.
  • Finally - and this project simply must jump to the forefront by the beginning of next week - I'm working on the manuscript for my latest book. Ideally I'd like to give a month of concentrated "this and nothing else" to the project... but that's not going to happen!
I'm not overwhelmed - but I'm close. If my brain lights up like the picture, then I'll get very productive very quickly. But that's not a given. Creative work for a living is wonderful fun... but sometimes that switch just won't turn on!


No comments: