Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rebekah joins the Paparazzi

This should be fun. Rebekah is interested in picking up photography again. She did an outstanding job as our family picture-taker for several years, but then dropped out seven or eight years ago when I went digital.

So I got her a really good compact Cannon for Christmas. The long-term plan is for Rebekah to be proficient with her new equipment by the time she hooks up with the "Journeys of Paul" study leave she's trying to line up for some time this year. More on that later, when plans come together. But, in the meantime, I'm looking forward to seeing what she does with her new toy!

For me, photography has become a great way to supplement my words - especially in this blog. It helps me to say things that really can't be expressed any other way. That's how it was at our family gathering in Orlando last night. If you're on facebook you can see a few extra shots, but here are a few that are priceless.

The first picture is Rebekah with our niece, Lindsay. Then there are five more, below. First is Lindsay's parents, Joe and Cheryl Alexander. After that there's the Jacksonville Alexanders - Jesse and Heather's crew. There's Seth and Jared, their parents, and their younger sister, Sarah. Jordan - reading - rounds out the Jacksonville set.

But this morning it's New Year's Day. So - after you've enjoyed the pictures - I recommend you head back to yesterday's "To Infinity and Beyond" post if you're looking for my words of wisdom for 2011. As for today, I'm planning on yard-work, meditation, prayer and preparation for what the New Year might possibly hold. Hang on, it's going to be a great ride! - DEREK



No comments: