Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peace Like A River

Confession time. This morning, for the first time in a while, I am quite literally overwhelmed with deadlines and responsibilities.

This post, then - written with the help of a strong cup of coffee in my "Get Real" mug, is simply a short and heartfelt prayer.

"Be with each one of us today, Lord. Infuse us with your peace, motivate us by your love, equip us in your truth, guide us via your Word, accompany us through your Spirit... and use us bring your kingdom perspective into this broken world. Accomplish all this, we pray, despite our busy-ness, our distractablility, our selfishness and our evident inability to manage our time."
  • Jesus said this: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)
My response is to the point: Bring it, Lord; bring it on. Today is a good day for your kind of peace.

Love and blessings - always - DEREK

No comments: