Sunday, June 7, 2009

All over the world

Just a brief post - or I'll be late for Praise Band rehearsal at the ungodly hour of 7:15!

I received an interesting email from India recently. No, it wasn't the son of a son of a sultan, needing me to hold on to $10 million for safe-keeping. This was a manufacturer, somewhere in the south of the sub-continent. He owns a factory, employs over a thousand people, and was looking for permission to re-print some of my newspaper columns in his company newsletter.

"I like what you have to say about family," he wrote. "Very few of my employees understand these values and your faith perspective means so much to me...."

The letter went on, but - in a nutshell - this Hindu businessman wants his workers to read about family values as expressed from a Christian world-view.

It's always thrilling when I get to track the trajectory of what God has put on my heart. Most of the time we don't get to see the results of our words and actions. But it doesn't mean there is no effect. The experience gave me pause. What truth, I'm wondering, is my life illustrating at the moment - What I say, what I do, and how I interact with my job and my family and my community?

Have a great Sunday - DEREK

No comments: