Saturday, November 21, 2009

Florida in late-November

- Hibiscus in the side yard

Florida's extended summer went so long this year that I honestly got tired of hearing myself complain. But, now, the long wait has been worth it and we're experiencing late November how late November was intended to be experienced back when God first thought up the idea of creating a Florida.

Morning coffee on the porch; open up all the windows so the fresh seventy-two-ness and 60% humidity can wash through the house; mow the lawn before it climbs to the current seventy-eight; lunch on the porch; afternoon tea on the porch; watching myself not finishing the lawn - again from the porch!

The Hibiscus seems especially delighted with the conditions. In fact, everything has the air about it of being refreshed. It's a good way to feel over the weekend. There is a rhythm to time and seasons and work and relaxation that works balance and refreshment when properly observed, and is a requirement for life to flourish.

For me, worship tomorrow morning is a key element of what my soul needs for me to function anywhere close to optimal levels. Maybe it's a good thing my lawn-mower broke down, after all...

Psalm 23: (CEV):

You, LORD, are my shepherd. I will never be in need. You let me rest in fields of green grass.

You lead me to streams of peaceful water, and you refresh my life. You are true to your name, and you lead me along the right paths.

I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won't be afraid. You are with me, and your shepherd's rod makes me feel safe.

You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch. You honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it overflows.

Your kindness and love will always be with me each day of my life, and I will live forever in your house, LORD.

No comments: