Friday, November 20, 2009

On the Air

Short post this morning. I've had some quiet time; I've read some Bible; talked with God. There just isn't any time right now to write about it. But maybe later, after I've got some things checked off my list!

I got up early to spend some time working with my on-line class. We've been following my outline for Advent preparation, and have focused on HOPE, PEACE, and LOVE. Today we launch into JOY, and I believe that JOY is a more natural occurrence once we understand Hope - in terms of God's promise, the Jesus kind of Peace, and the unconditional Agape-quality Love that God extends to all creation.

But right now the focus is going to have to be SPIRIT. I have to get a few details taken care of and then I'm driving in to the Spirit/FM radio station, down in South Tampa, to chat with the drive home D.J., Jamie. Not sure what the format will be, or how long we'll get to talk, but they want to air some conversation about "In My Heart I Carry A Star" and "The Unmaking of a Part-Time Christian" sometime during next week.

Should be simultaneously fun and stressful! I've done radio before, but it always makes me a little nervous. It's one thing to craft a pithy phrase for a newspaper column or a book, but it's something else to think on your feet and sound halfway intelligent with a big fat microphone in your face!

I'll let you know how it goes.
Better yet, listen in next week (but only if I tell you it's something you'll want to hear!)
Love and blessings - DEREK

No comments: