Saturday, August 7, 2010

He who began a good work in you...
















Sometimes you take a photograph that's obviously going to be better than the story the picture is supposed to go with. Today was one of those times. I'm sure I'll write a great story about this family, but the picture says everything I plan on saying (especially with the help of the littlest child) and with such conviction!

I drove up to Seffner to interview the pastor of the Israel Bethel Primitive Baptist Church. Pastor Pat has been on board for a little over a year, and the ministry is still taking shape. What seems to be in perfect shape, however, is his beautiful family.

The Woodforks moved here from the small Arkansas community that's been home since the day pastor Pat was born. But Pat - along with is wife, Lakisha - is 100% confident that this is exactly where God wants them to be.

So I'm going to write my story with confidence too, because I simply can't look at this photograph without thinking about the following words from my favorite book, the Letter to the Philippians. I can't help but just flat-out like some of the folk I have the honor of talking with when I write my stories for the Tampa Tribune.

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments: