Friday, September 2, 2011

Grateful: Planted by the Water



Looking over #7 green from our back garden
Okay, and in response to the few messages I've received today saying "Why didn't you post today?", I have two things:
  1. I did post, over at my other blog, "The Preacher's Husband"  - Click on the link for some most excellent photographs and an update on the new church building.
  2. I'll put up a photograph, with commentary. I hope that satisfies!
Here's the picture, taken in our back yard yesterday afternoon. The reason I chose the view is that it's so classically "Florida in the summertime." Deep greens, beautiful clouds, a golf-cart heading over the rise.

The air is heavy, laden with moisture that's constantly rising, mixing with the cooler air aloft, and bursting into thunderstorms that evaporate as quickly as they appear.

I always look forward to the late afternoon rains because they wash some of the heat out of the air, cool off the roof, and give the air-conditioning a fighting change going into the evening.

So I'm grateful. Grateful for electricity, for a roof over our heads, and for the blessing of rain. Most of all I'm grateful that I can live this contemplative life, where I can meditate, study, think seriously about whatever I'm writing about, and drink deeply from the often hidden places in my soul.
Happy are those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or take the path that sinners tread, or sit in the seat of scoffers; but their delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law they meditate day and night. They are like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper. - Psalm 1
Today, I'm sitting by the water, drinking in the words of God - DEREK

No comments: