Sunday, April 22, 2012

it's another new day; I choose life


This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life… - Deuteronomy 30:19-20
David doing the airport dance
I was up late last night (beyond midnight) picking up Naomi, Craig, and our grandson David from the airport.  And then I’m up very early this morning (5:30) in order to be ready for Praise Band practice before the early service at First Presbyterian Church of Brandon.
It occurred to me that both ends of the equation had – have – everything to do with choosing life.
Every day, in both the exciting events and the routine happenings, there is always this opportunity to make the choice to “hold fast” to God, to “love God,” and to “listen to God’s voice.”
Because, as the passage concludes, “The Lord is [my] life.”
It’s Sunday morning. What better thought and intention to begin the day with; what better response than to head on into church for worship.
I’ll see you there - DEREK

No comments: