Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'll never know unless I open my heart


There is no distinction between Jew and Greek, because the same Lord is Lord of all, who gives richly to all who call on him.  All who call on the Lord’s name will be saved. So how can they call on someone they don’t have faith in? And how can they have faith in someone they haven’t heard of? And how can they hear without a preacher? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who announce the good news. (Romans 10:12-15)
"Still" from today's video
“Still” from today’s video
Today marks week #5 of my “video-post” experiment, so that’s where I’m putting my focus. If you’re one of those people who – thus far – have avoided clicking on the “video-blog” link, then please give it a quick look today.
I’m not trying to pretend I’m not a writer, because writing is my primary gift and will always be the defining element of this blog. That said, I’d really like to talk with you once in a while. But I’m limiting these videos – by design – to once-a-week and (give or take 30-seconds) 2-minutes in length.
TODAY’S CHALLENGE: This morning I’m sharing the story featured for today in my Lenten devotional book, Reaching Toward Easter. Lent, like a microcosm of all that it means to follow Jesus, is a journey between where we are at this moment and the transformational experience of Easter resurrection.
DSC_0002Each step of the journey, each new day, is loaded with the potential for growth. If I live with my eyes and my ears open, then I can be more clearly attuned to the voice of the Spirit of God. What is God planning to teach me today? I’ll never know if I don’t open my heart.
Click here for today’s video-post. Then – if you’re also reading Reaching Toward Easter - let me know if you picked up the small error I made telling the story on camera.
Love, peace, and God’s rich blessings – DEREK

No comments: