Thursday, November 29, 2012

sometimes it's all just that good


The Lord says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)
Waiting for Grandmama to come home
I especially like this photograph because – for once – I stumbled across the image with camera in hand. David has been increasingly fascinated with Scout Labradoodle, so he followed her to the front window to see what could possibly be so interesting. It’s easy to tell from the scratch marks on the trunk and the bent blind slat that this is Scout’s favorite place to watch the world go by.
Earlier in the afternoon David had discovered the leash, and spent a minute or so trying to put the collar around Scout’s head. When that didn’t work he took it to the front door and made “let’s go for a walk together” noises.
Point being, our grandson is totally at home here. The dog; the people; the house; the love – it’s all good so far as he’s concerned.
David is one happy baby!
SECURE: I’m struck by the sense of acceptance and security David is projecting. He’s 100% comfortable and “at home” with us. All I can think is that the dozens of Skype sessions over the past few months formed the basis of a positive and familiar relationship. Then there’s the other aspect of the equation, the fact that this is a home grounded in love and drenched in peace. So of course David feels at home here; anyone would.
So I indulged my grandson and let Scout come along for the walk. It was then that I had my “moment” of delicious transcendence. Pushing a stroller, with my grandson looking over his shoulder at me and grinning; Scout Labradoodle trotting alongside, enjoying her walk; a cool 60-degrees breezing into my face; the following verse from my morning Bible-reading imprinted on my heart:
The Lord says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)
Sometimes it’s all just that good.
a good reflection on our home
UNCONDITIONAL: We talked a little about God’s unconditional love at my men’s meeting in the evening. And I couldn’t help but think about David, about how I have loved him – completely – from the moment he was just a little peanut on the sonogram.
And I think about how he’s been toddling over to me and leaning into my leg, hugging me and smiling up at my face; how he wills me to pick him up and let him snuggle his forehead into my neck and tell him how much I love him.
And I am overwhelmed by the power and the beauty of such belonging and such love, and I am reduced to sighs and tears…
How great a love…
And when I do, that’s when I begin to catch an inkling of how God feels about his children… and I am grateful.
Just grateful – DEREK
The Lord says, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29:13)

No comments: